God has been gracious to us and has been with us through our journey of love and life. He has carried us through some of the most difficult times and has given us joy in the midst of sorrow. He has also been loving and given us abundant blessings. Most importantly, He has provided us with faith. May we share that faith with others.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame".
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Our Journey

This was our Christmas Letter from 2008 -


In Christ alone my hope is found; He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground, firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My comforter, my All in All, here in the love of Christ I stand

No guilt in life, no fear in death, this is the power of Christ in me
From life’s first cry to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny
No power in hell, no scheme of man can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home, here in the power of Christ I’ll stand


This year has been the most difficult year of our lives. However, this year we have experienced love in a way that we never have before. We have experienced God’s grace in unfathomable ways and have realized how precious life is. We have realized that everything belongs to God. The devil and this sinful world cause deep pain and anguish but, God’s peace flows through all of it.
In February we received the most amazing news that we were expecting identical twins. For the next eighteen weeks we fell even more in love with our sons. Christopher David (Twin A) was very energetic and loved to dance and wave anytime we had an ultrasound. Connor Dennis (Twin B) was very laid back. He often sucked his thumb and played with his ear. Our sons were beautiful in every way. They were small versions of their father. They had his nose, eyebrows, lips, hands and even his legs. The boys were head to head in the womb and often looked as if they were kissing. They loved music and would dance and move when they heard it.
On June 1st, God took our sons home to be with Him. It was an unexpected delivery and unfortunately the boys’ lungs were not developed enough for them to live long. They went straight from the warmth of our arms to the loving arms of their Heavenly Father. The first time they opened their eyes they saw Jesus in all His glory. They were only apart from each other for two hours. We had the boys baptized at the hospital. We also had a beautiful funeral service, which was full of music. The theme of the funeral was Jesus’ Little Lambs, which we put on their tombstone as well. We grieve their deaths and the death of all our dreams as their parents. In all the sadness we have experienced, we are also thankful that God allowed us to know them for eighteen weeks. The imprint that they left on our hearts will last forever. We have an eternity to know and hold them in heaven.
Thank you to everyone who sent cards. Receiving those everyday helped us get out of bed and begin each day. Thank you to everyone who gave gifts and memorials to Central’s Preschool Fund. We hope that because of our sons’ short lives, hundreds of children will hear the Gospel at the age when it is most important.
We hope this Christmas season you are able to appreciate how important every moment of life is and how significant Christ’s birth was. Because of a baby born in Bethlehem about 2,000 years ago, our babies get to spend eternity in heaven. They have no sadness or pain. They never had a reason to cry. We look forward to the day when we can hold our sons again. It will be a wonderful reunion!
We love you and pray that God will bring joy in 2009.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10, -The Lord said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about me weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weakness… in hardships… in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment