God has been gracious to us and has been with us through our journey of love and life. He has carried us through some of the most difficult times and has given us joy in the midst of sorrow. He has also been loving and given us abundant blessings. Most importantly, He has provided us with faith. May we share that faith with others.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame".
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Grandma!

Grandma & Grandpa (Christmas 2007)
December 24th is my Grandmother Letsch's birthday.  She is such an amazing woman.  She raised six children (five of which were boys), helped Grandpa through school and in various careers, and has devoted endless hours to her family.  She is wonderful at baking.  One of my fondest memories is cooking with her in the kitchen.  To this day I still love making sugar cookies with her.  She is a devoted Vikings fan and watches every game she possibly can.  Being the baby of her family, she has always had a bit of a temper.    
Her strongest attribute is her faith.  She has had unwavering faith throughout her life and has passed that legacy on to her family.  She is a true prayer warrior.  When I need advice or just a word of encouragement, she always offers it without judgment.  I love her very much and am very thankful to have her as the matriarch of our family.  

four generations (me pregnant with the twins, my Mom, and Grandma) - May 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment