God has been gracious to us and has been with us through our journey of love and life. He has carried us through some of the most difficult times and has given us joy in the midst of sorrow. He has also been loving and given us abundant blessings. Most importantly, He has provided us with faith. May we share that faith with others.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame".
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Three Years

It has been three years since I said goodbye to my twins Christopher and Connor.  In some ways the loss seems like a lifetime ago.  I have grown and changed in so many ways since June 1st, 2008.  Some days the painful scar feels very fresh.  Today, as I visited the cemetery I felt as though we just had the funeral.  Many emotions came rushing back.  However, in the midst of my sorrow I felt peace.  My sons are in paradise and I will see them again, once God's work for me is finished.  I choose to live my life now with a heavenly perspective.  Even if I live to be 100 years old, June 1st will always be a bittersweet day for me.  My small, precious boys have impacted my life forever.  I am a better wife and mother because they lived.  I look forward to our reunion.  I am sure Christopher (our energetic son, who loved to dance and move to music) will show me the angel choir.  Connor (our laid back son, who sucked his thumb and held his ear just like his Uncle Remi) will be sitting at Jesus' feet.  I will tell them how their short lives opened our hearts to adopt and that they have a brother named Liam.  It will be a great celebration!  
Happy birthday my dear, sweet boys.  I love you, miss you, and am so thankful to have been your mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment