God has been gracious to us and has been with us through our journey of love and life. He has carried us through some of the most difficult times and has given us joy in the midst of sorrow. He has also been loving and given us abundant blessings. Most importantly, He has provided us with faith. May we share that faith with others.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame".
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Friday, April 20, 2012

Liam is 2!

Our little man turned 2 on April 8th. This year we had a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse themed party. Liam loves all things Mickey, and with our trip to Disney World during spring break, this was an appropriate theme for Liam's 2nd birthday. We started the day by giving Liam one of his gifts - his own, official Mickey Mouse hat. Liam said, "Wow, I'm Gickey!"



I had so much fun preparing for the party. I was sure to laminate the decorations I made, since I am sure we will have another Mickey party at some point. My mom and I even found Mickey plastic plates and bowls on sale after Christmas.





I was a bit ambitious with the food this year, but it turned out well and was a lot of fun. I made a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cake. Fondant is a wonderful thing!  I also wanted to try to make my own edible fruit arrangement. We received a picture of one with pineapple Mickey ears. I thought it would be cheaper to make my own. This turned out to be more work than the cake.





During the party we had a craft time - the kids could make their very own Mickey or Minnie ears. They turned out really cute.


Liam opened his first gift and was so excited about getting a push Mater truck with bubbles, that he wasn't interested in opening any more. He finally opened his gifts and was so pleased with all his new toys!




Because Liam's party was the day before Easter, the kids searched for eggs in the yard.



We enjoyed the food, fellowship, and of course the cake! Liam did a great job blowing out the candles, but needed just a little help.




Liam really loved all his new toys. He even thought he should hide, so he wouldn't have to share them.


We were blessed with beautiful weather. It was a great day! We were so happy Liam enjoyed the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment