God has been gracious to us and has been with us through our journey of love and life. He has carried us through some of the most difficult times and has given us joy in the midst of sorrow. He has also been loving and given us abundant blessings. Most importantly, He has provided us with faith. May we share that faith with others.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame".
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Letters to Lilly

As I scrapbook milestones in Lilly's adoption, I have been writing her letters. I did the same thing for Liam while we waited for him.  Each month when I scrapbook Liam's pictures from the month, I also include a letter of what he learned or did that month.  I want our children to know that even though I didn't carry them in my womb for 9 months, I did carry them in my heart while preparing for their arrival, that I love them, and that every day they bring me joy.  So, in Lilly's most recent letter I included this verse.  Someday, when she looks back at her adoption story I want her to realize that God created her for a purpose, protected her, and directed her path so that it would lead to us.  I also want her know that in addition to our immense love for her, her Father in heaven loves her the most.  He made her according to His plan and she is beautiful.  We are so thankful that God knit our daughter together, knowing she would be ours.  We are so thankful for His hand of protection for her when she was abandoned.  We know her life has purpose and she will do great things for God's glory.

For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.

Psalm 139:13-16

No comments:

Post a Comment