God has been gracious to us and has been with us through our journey of love and life. He has carried us through some of the most difficult times and has given us joy in the midst of sorrow. He has also been loving and given us abundant blessings. Most importantly, He has provided us with faith. May we share that faith with others.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame".
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Natalie grant held

2 comments:

  1. This song has meant a lot to me over the last couple of years. Every time I hear it, I am reminded of how far I have come with God's grace. There were days, after the twins died, when the only thing that got me out of bed was knowing that God was holding me. I used to sob while listening to it - I too wanted "the hatred to know my sorrow." I was so angry at the devil and this sinful world for taking away the one thing that I wanted most. I felt as though everything had been stripped away. However, I was completely enfolded with God's love and mercy. Now as I listen, I am reminded of those emotions, but I also believe that "hope is born of suffering" and I am thankful that God continues to hold me as He lovingly holds my boys in the safety of His gentle and loving arms. There is no better place to be! I know that on this side of heaven there will be pain and loss, but God will continue to hold us and lovingly take us to be with Him, just as He did for my beautiful boys. I know I can handle the journey with my Heavenly Father holding me. I am also thankful He has opened my eyes to "the lilies of the valley and tomorrow."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think of you Tiff when I hear this song.
    *hugs*

    Liz G.

    ReplyDelete