God has been gracious to us and has been with us through our journey of love and life. He has carried us through some of the most difficult times and has given us joy in the midst of sorrow. He has also been loving and given us abundant blessings. Most importantly, He has provided us with faith. May we share that faith with others.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame".
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Haircut

On Saturday my mom and I went to get our hair cut and highlighted.  We also got pedicures.  This is our mother/daughter tradition every 8 weeks or so.  We love spending the time together and catching up.  Even though I talk to my mother every other day, it is nice to have some time one-on-one.  Sometimes, we even treat ourselves to lunch.
This Saturday my mom got her hair cut before me.  She was given my "style" - a bob cut with a side part and sweeping long bangs.  It looked adorable on her, especially with her darker highlights.  Next, it was my turn to sit in the chair.  I explained that some days I barely have time to take a shower and my hair is not on the top of my list of priorities.  I also explained that at the end of January I will start substitute teaching and I need a style that is low maintenance.  I sat back and let my hairdresser do whatever he wanted.  The end result was a very short style.  I looked down at the enormous pile of hair on the floor and tried not to panic.  He styled my hair using my own curls, which was very easy to do, but also a bit poofy.  I felt like Olivia Newton John at the end of Grease.  I was polite and said thank you, but in the back of my head I was thinking, "What if Dave hates it and Liam doesn't recognize me?" 
Well, Liam knew exactly who I was when I got home and Dave politely said he liked it.  I'm still not sure if he really does like it, but he has been very supportive anyway.  I will say that I love the highlights and it isn't as poofy when I style it.  This style will either grow on me, or I will just need to wait it out until it grows back.  For now, I will enjoy how easy it is to dry and style it.

1 comment:

  1. A very flattering haircut. So great if it is also easy to take care of!

    ReplyDelete