God has been gracious to us and has been with us through our journey of love and life. He has carried us through some of the most difficult times and has given us joy in the midst of sorrow. He has also been loving and given us abundant blessings. Most importantly, He has provided us with faith. May we share that faith with others.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame".
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Exciting News

Life has been a bit crazy lately.  I am trying to get settled into a new school year, while doing my wifely/motherly duties, and working on the never ending pile of adoption paperwork.  However, in the midst of the chaos we got some great news this week.  One of the grants that we applied for let us know that we will receive a matching grant for $5,000.  So, if we raise $5,000 it will be doubled to $10,000.  THAT IS AMAZING!  Just when I start to worry, God sends little miracles like this.  Well, a big miracle in this case.  So, now I have to raise $5,000 to be matched.  I'm going to fundraising mode.  We will meet with our pastor next week and plan an event at church.  We will also have to write a letter to family and friends requesting funds.  This for me is VERY humbling and takes me out of my comfort zone.  However, I know that asking for help is a sign of strength and not weakness.  I also believe that our daughter is being entrusted to our whole family, both extended and church family. 
Through this I am also reminded of how God provided for us when we adopted Liam.  We did not have enough money saved to pay the adoption costs for Liam's adoption.  Just when we needed to make a payment, God would provide the funds somehow.  Through all of this God has shown me what it is to TRUST.  My prayer is that we will be good stewards of what He entrusts to us.  We will definitely not take His mercy for granted.

1 comment:

  1. THis is GREAT news! Praise the Lord for His provisions! Thinking and praying for you guys and your little China doll daily.

    ReplyDelete