God has been gracious to us and has been with us through our journey of love and life. He has carried us through some of the most difficult times and has given us joy in the midst of sorrow. He has also been loving and given us abundant blessings. Most importantly, He has provided us with faith. May we share that faith with others.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame".
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Projects

This spring I wanted to make a blanket for my niece Verona, so I learned how to crochet.  My sister-in-law, Julie, taught me a pattern during one of her visits home.  I have become somewhat addicted to it since then.  It is so relaxing to crochet at the end of the day.  I am still very much an amateur, but enjoy trying new things.  Here are some of my projects...
Verona's blanket

A scarf (which will be for Liam's sitter for Christmas)

A scarf and hat (for my Goddaughter for Christmas) with a matching set for her doll.

The doll was her birthday present from me, so I made the hat and scarf specifically for her.

My next project is a blanket for our daughter.  I also plan to make a smaller version to put in her first care package.  It will be similar to Liam's (which Julie made for him when he was born).  However, hers will be pink, purple, and white to match her room.  Not only is it a fun project, but is helping me "nest" as a wait for her arrival.
Liam's blanket (made by Aunt Julie)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed, Tiffany! No one can tell you just learned to crochet. What gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete