God has been gracious to us and has been with us through our journey of love and life. He has carried us through some of the most difficult times and has given us joy in the midst of sorrow. He has also been loving and given us abundant blessings. Most importantly, He has provided us with faith. May we share that faith with others.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame".
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Enjoying Little Moments

I'm really trying to soak in all these little gems of moments I share with Liam.  He is learning and growing so much, I just want to enjoy every second.  I am always amazed at what he learns.  Lately, he's been speaking so clearly and thoroughly.  You have to understand... Liam talks ALL DAY LONG.  So, sometimes I tend to drown out the constant chatter.  But lately, I remind myself to stop and listen to what's going on in that little head of his.  
Right now, Liam is REALLY into rockets, space, and airplanes.  I'm not sure how the fascination started, but we have been fostering his interest and creativity.  He likes to watch shuttle launches on the IPad and is getting better at counting backwards before the 'byastoff.'  He can identify the planets Mars, Pluto, Earth, and Saturn.  I'm not sure how long this interest will last, but we're going to enjoy this phase while we can.
Liam watching a shuttle launch while his rocket blasts off to space
Liam's new planets in his room (they glow in the dark).
Liam's bedside table always has some sort of rocket or airplane on it.  We won't let Liam sleep with them (like he would like), so we let him set them next to his bed.  That way they're ready for him first thing in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment