God has been gracious to us and has been with us through our journey of love and life. He has carried us through some of the most difficult times and has given us joy in the midst of sorrow. He has also been loving and given us abundant blessings. Most importantly, He has provided us with faith. May we share that faith with others.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame".
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Soli Deo Gloria!

If this post has typos, I apologize.  I am writing it while tears well up in my eyes.  I am completely overwhelmed!  Today, we got an update on our matching grant.  It is so humbling to ask for help, especially financially.  However, in doing so we have seen the power of the Holy Spirit work in mighty ways.  There have been many times that I have wondered if we are doing the right thing.  I often ask, "God is this really your will?"  Then, God reminds us in big ways that He is faithful to His promises and He will finish what He has started.  We started this whole process on a leap of faith, not knowing how God would provide, but trusting that He would.
Thank you to everyone who donated to the grant.  I really don't know how to express my thankfulness.  I hope you know that we appreciate it from the bottom of our hearts and when we see and hold our daughter for the first time, you can take pride knowing that you made it possible.  Thank you especially for your prayers.  I know the power of prayer is effective.  Keep it up - we still have a long way to go.
Here are the most recent numbers (a final update will be sent to us on Friday, in case anyone sent money today)...
money raised by family & friends - $6,465.00
money from grant - $5,000
total money raised - $11,564.00
Soli Deo Gloria - To God Alone be the Glory!

1 comment:

  1. Tiffany, this is awesome news! I love hearing how God provides and this just confirms that you ARE being obedient to what God is calling you to. Soli Deo Gloria! : )

    ReplyDelete