God has been gracious to us and has been with us through our journey of love and life. He has carried us through some of the most difficult times and has given us joy in the midst of sorrow. He has also been loving and given us abundant blessings. Most importantly, He has provided us with faith. May we share that faith with others.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame".
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Lillian Rae's Baptism

Sunday, July 21st was a very important day for Lilly - the most important day of her life so far.  On Sunday she was baptized and became a child of God.  Her sins were forgiven (Acts 2:38, Acts 22:16), she was rescued from death and the devil (Romans 6:3, Galatians 3:27), and received the gift of eternal salvation (Mark 16:16, Titus 3:5) through Christ's death on the cross.  Through the water and the Word spoken, Lilly received the gift of the Holy Spirit.  The Holy Spirit will create faith in her heart and strengthen that faith as she grows and learns more about God.  Our job as her parents and Godparents are to encourage that faith by bringing her to church, reading the bible at home, and answering her questions.  We are so thankful that Lilly's faith journey has begun.  It was such a special day.  One of the highlights for us was a surprise solo sung by my step-father, David.  The words to the song were from Jeremiah 29:11 - our wedding verse and theme for our family.

The VBS kids started the service by singing.  Liam just stood up front and took it all in.  I'm not sure of he was nervous, or just trying so hard to be good.  We gave him a big talk before church about behaving during Lilly's baptism.  He knew all the words and motions - he had been doing them all week.
Liam stood on a step stool next to the baptismal font and watched the baptism.  He did an amazing job!  We were so proud of him.  I remember doing the same thing when Remington and I were baptized.  I was three at the time too.  I wonder if Liam will remember Lilly's baptism.

Grandma & Grandpa Herman

Grandma & Grandpa Kusch

Grandpa & Nana Hart

Lilly's Godparents - Rick & AnnaMaria Hart

Our beautiful blessings!

our childrens' true personalities - Liam is full of energy and Lilly is our little lady

As I watched Lilly walk down the aisle I thought about walking down that same aisle when I married Dave.  God willing, Lilly will walk down this same aisle for her wedding day.

Our beautiful China doll
We bought her this dress in China.  It was hard to find a dress that was all white, but we think the Water Lilies are appropriate.


Lilly and Verona (Rick & Anna's daughter) having fun in the garden
They are six months apart in age.  I'm sure they will be great friends!


We bought Verona a dress in China too.



Liam had a great time at the party, but was disappointed there wasn't a Buzz Lightyear cake, like he requested.

This Water Lily bloomed at Denny & Carol's house the day of the party - perfect!

God’s Own Child, I Gladly Say It
Stanza 1
God’s own child, I gladly say it: I am baptized into Christ!
He, because I could not pay it, gave my full redemption price.
Do I need earth’s treasures many?  I have one worth more than any
That brought me salvation free, Lasting to eternity!
Stanza 2
Sin, disturb my soul no longer: I am baptized into Christ!
I have comfort even stronger: Jesus’ cleansing sacrifice.
Should a guilty conscience seize me, since my baptism did release me
In a dear forgiving flood, sprinkling me with Jesus’ blood?
Stanza 3
Satan, hear this proclamation: I am baptized into Christ!
Drop your ugly accusation; I am not so soon enticed.
Now that to the font I’ve traveled, all your might has come unraveled,
And, against your tyranny, God, my Lord, unites with me!
Stanza 4
Death, you cannot end my gladness: I am baptized into Christ!
When I die, I leave all sadness to inherit paradise!
Though I lie in dust and ashes faith’s assurance brightly flashes:
Baptism has the strength divine to make life immortal mine.
Stanza 5
There is nothing worth comparing to this lifelong comfort sure!
Open-eyed my grave is staring: Even there I’ll sleep secure.
Though my flesh awaits its raising, still my soul continues praising:
I am baptized into Christ; I’m a child of paradise!


No comments:

Post a Comment