God has been gracious to us and has been with us through our journey of love and life. He has carried us through some of the most difficult times and has given us joy in the midst of sorrow. He has also been loving and given us abundant blessings. Most importantly, He has provided us with faith. May we share that faith with others.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame".
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

And now, we wait...

In April, Dave and I decided to put our names back on the adoption waiting list for a baby.  After receiving news that South Korea was not opening intake for new adoptive parents, we decided to try another domestic adoption.  We know that we want to adopt again and that Liam needs a sibling.  We also desire for him to have an adopted sibling.  We put our names on the list as a leap of faith trusting that God would provide the baby when the timing is right.  He knows who our baby is and when we will bring it home.  Since putting our names on the list we have gone on with life and have enjoyed our energetic toddler.  Life has gone on as usual and we have made plans for our family of three.  
Then, last night it occurred to me that we could get a baby at any time.  In the back of my head I have told myself to be ready for anything, but it never really sunk in that we could have another baby soon.  I have been thinking non-stop about all the scenarios.  I wonder who our baby is, when it will arrive, if Liam will be ready, and if I will be able to be a mother of two in the midst of our busy lives.  I can't help but think that this is on my mind and in my heart for a reason.  Then, I have to stop myself and remind myself that God knows what He is doing and He knows what I can handle.  He will not bless us with another baby if He doesn't think we will be able to provide this baby with a loving home.  I also think about how much Liam has changed my life and how much I love him.  God blessed me beyond belief with Liam.  I know from experience that God does miracles everyday.
Last night as all these thoughts swirled around in my head, I told Dave all my concerns and thoughts.  He said calmly, "Well, I think we should just pray about it."  He is right.  Instead of worrying about my abilities to either wait or jump into another adventure, I should just lay it in God's hands.  I continue to pray for our next baby and it's birthmother.  I also pray that God will prepare our family for whatever lies next.  It is so exciting and scary all at the same time, but God is big enough to carry all these emotions.  So for now, we wait, and trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment