God has been gracious to us and has been with us through our journey of love and life. He has carried us through some of the most difficult times and has given us joy in the midst of sorrow. He has also been loving and given us abundant blessings. Most importantly, He has provided us with faith. May we share that faith with others.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame".
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Monday, August 22, 2011

New Beginnings

This week I begin training for my new job.  I am the special education teacher/consultant for two Lutheran schools in town.  I will teach two days a week, which is the maximum amount of time I want to work.  I am happy that I will be spending the majority of my time home with Liam.  I will spend Wednesday and Thursday mornings at Suburban Bethlehem and afternoons on Wednesday and Thursday at Ascension Lutheran.  I will spend the majority of my time working with students one-on-one or in small groups on literacy development.  There are only a few students that have IEPs (Individual Education Plans), so most of my students will be those that struggle with class work, but are not diagnosed with a LD (learning disability).  I will also help teachers think of ways to help individual students within their own classroom.  This is also my last year of taking classes towards my Masters in Special Education.  I am thrilled that this job counts for my student teaching.  I don't know how we would have managed eight weeks of full-time teaching with no pay.  So, I am very thankful I can make enough money to pay for a sitter so I can fulfill my hours in a special education classroom.  I am nervous and excited.  Neither school has had a special education program before.  I have a lot of work to do at the beginning to gain trust from the teachers and set-up my program.  However, I am glad for this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment