God has been gracious to us and has been with us through our journey of love and life. He has carried us through some of the most difficult times and has given us joy in the midst of sorrow. He has also been loving and given us abundant blessings. Most importantly, He has provided us with faith. May we share that faith with others.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame".
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Looking Back

It is interesting for me to look back over our journey.  It has been filled with so many ups and downs, but I can see God's hand guiding us through all of it and preparing us for the people He wants us to be.  This post was written to a friend on April 23rd, 2009 - almost exactly one year before we got Liam.
Well, I went in Wednesday for my pregnancy test. The test was negative. I sobbed all day yesterday and actually got sick. It is so hard to stop hormones all of a sudden and be emotional at the same time. 
Dave and I woke up this morning with such a peace. I can't even explain it to you. We went to lunch today and talked about our options. We are actually really excited about adopting. You know, when we first talked about adopting we thought we would be saving the life of a child (which is true), but this baby will save our lives. Our hearts have been broken for so long and just working on the paperwork is opening our hearts again. I know that God has a baby in mind for us already. This morning I wrote that baby a letter and I wrote a prayer to God for that baby and its biological mother. I have put it in a scrapbook - of course it's green and yellow. I want to document this whole journey, because I want this baby to know that God chose this child for us and that we were just open to His will. I want it to see how God worked in us to make this possible. I don''t know if I can even explain in words how we feel. But, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is what God wants us to do. And, we can appreciate God's love for us even more now when we consider how He can use us in this way. I had this vision of what my family would look like and be like and when it would happen. Obviously, nothing has worked according to my plan and I may not understand that until I get to heaven. However, I know that God has something amazing planned and I am anxious to find out what that is.
Dave and I have been working on our homework, which I think every parent should have to fill out. Hopefully, we will mail it in soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment