God has been gracious to us and has been with us through our journey of love and life. He has carried us through some of the most difficult times and has given us joy in the midst of sorrow. He has also been loving and given us abundant blessings. Most importantly, He has provided us with faith. May we share that faith with others.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame".
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Monday, May 13, 2013

Baby Shower

I know it's not typical to have a baby shower for the second child, and also not common to have a baby shower for an adopted child.  However, my sweet faculty at Ascension threw one anyway.  It was so nice to celebrate the little lady we have been working tirelessly to bring home.  It has been so wonderful to share this journey with them.  The outpouring of care they have shown is so much appreciated.  Even though I am a part-time teacher there, and am technically employed by LSEM, I definitely feel like part of the Ascension family.  The food was delicious and cute.  Katie put detail into the drinks and games.  The games were fun and just right for a room full of teachers.  We played children's book word scramble and trivia.  Everyone also filled in wishes for Lilly - I hope you love ____, I hope you learn ______, I hope you laugh _______, and so on.  It was so much fun to get cute girly clothes too.  It was a great day!






No comments:

Post a Comment