God has been gracious to us and has been with us through our journey of love and life. He has carried us through some of the most difficult times and has given us joy in the midst of sorrow. He has also been loving and given us abundant blessings. Most importantly, He has provided us with faith. May we share that faith with others.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame".
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Friday, May 10, 2013

Pack Your Bags!

Yesterday afternoon I received a phone call from Sarah, our social worker.  First of all, let me just say, Sarah is AMAZING!  When we picked our adoption agency we did so because our friends raved about the workers there and they commented on all the education the agency provides.  They do such a great job of preparing adoptive couples for every possible scenario.  We have loved working with our agency, specifically Sarah.  She is so thorough, organized, and prompt.  I really don't know how we would have gone through this process without her.  It is evident that she loves what she does, and she is so good at it.
Anyway, as I was saying, she called me yesterday afternoon.  We normally communicate through e-mail, so I knew it was important.  She congratulated us for receiving our TA (travel approval) and asked if we would be able to be in China is 2 weeks!!!  Of course, I said yes.  Today, she scheduled our appointment in Guangzhou at the Consulate for June 4th.  We need to be in Guangzhou by May 31st.  Tonight, we will talk to the man in charge of planning the specifics of our trip.  I think we will leave here on May 22nd and sight see in Beijing for a couple days before heading to Nanjing.  We need to be in Nanjing on May 26th to get Lilly.  There is one other couple traveling at the same time we are.  Their child is in a different province, so we will meet up with them in Guangzhou.  I have their e-mail and phone number, so I will be getting in contact with them ahead of time.  Unfortunately, the husband won't be able to travel, but the wife will have her mother-in-law with her. 
We are very excited.  There is a lot to get done in the next 12 days, but we know God will bless the last stretch of the process.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is so exciting! As I prepare for Lucy's first Gotcha Day celebration, I reread and watch our videos from being in China and you will be there soon! Praying for prepared hearts for all that is going to happen in the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you guys! Our sweet girl we brought home five years ago was born in Nanjing. We stayed there in the city, too! And just like you we also traveled alone. Do you know what hotel you are staying at? We stayed at the Mandarin and had a good experience. So happy for you. Email me if you have any questions! Nanjing was our home away from home for a week!

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete