God has been gracious to us and has been with us through our journey of love and life. He has carried us through some of the most difficult times and has given us joy in the midst of sorrow. He has also been loving and given us abundant blessings. Most importantly, He has provided us with faith. May we share that faith with others.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame".
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Let the Journey Begin

Tomorrow, we set off on an adventure like no other.  After dropping Liam off with Grandma and Grandpa Herman at 7am, we will drive up to Livonia.  My brother, Rick, will drive us to the Detroit Airport.  Then, we take off on a 13 hour flight straight to Beijing.  Here are some thoughts on the eve of our trip -
*  The truth is, I am not fond of flying, and the thought of being on a plane all day is daunting to me, but I will have Dave with me, and he makes everything better.  (I'm also equipped with Melatonin!)
*  I will miss Liam like crazy from the moment I drop him off.  He takes a place in my heart that's only made for him.  I know he will be fine, but I tear up just thinking of being away from him.
*  I am excited to meet Lilly!  I have dreamed of her, prayed for her, and yearned to be her mother, and am ready to hold her.  I know we will have a process ahead of us, but we are so ready for it.  Bring it on!
*  I am trusting God with all the details of this trip.  He has shown us time and again that His plan and timing are perfect.  How blessed we are that He has chosen this to be part of His plan for us!  Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future."
The next blog post will be from China!

No comments:

Post a Comment