God has been gracious to us and has been with us through our journey of love and life. He has carried us through some of the most difficult times and has given us joy in the midst of sorrow. He has also been loving and given us abundant blessings. Most importantly, He has provided us with faith. May we share that faith with others.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame".
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Five Years

Today is a bittersweet day for us.  Five years ago today our sons Christopher and Connor entered the world early and started their lives in Heaven.  Everyday we think of them and on days like today we miss the opportunity to be their parents.  However, we also rejoice that they are with Jesus and have never had to suffer in this earthly life.  In some ways it's hard to believe it has been five years.  The memory is still so fresh in our minds.  It also seems like that was a lifetime ago.  Our lives have changed so much since then.  God has granted us grace in the midst of our sorrow.  Today, we look at the beautiful daughter he has given us and think of our wonderful son, and are so thankful he turned our sadness into joy.  We are humbled that God has chosen us to be adoptive parents and has prepared our hearts to be the type of parents Liam and Lilly need.  Usually, I visit the cemetery on their birthday and sing happy birthday.  We will sing to them from China this year.


"You turned my wailing into dancing..that my heart may sing and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever." Psalm 30:12
 


Today we visited the medical clinic.  It was so amazing to see so many adoptive families.  God makes families in all different ways.  It was so touching to see all these amazing parents, who have sacrificed, and waited, who are now holding their children.  So many had medical concerns, but you could just tell that to these parents, their children are perfect and beautiful.  God bless these adoptive families.  I got choked up while we waited for Lilly's appointment.  It's an emotional day anyway, but as I looked around, I thought, "This room is full of children who will never be abandoned again. Praise God!"  As I was trying to keep my composure, Dave said, "If we had the money, I would do this again in a heart beat!  It's really hard to stop at one."  That's why I love him!!!  I said, "If God calls us, he will equip us, but let's just get through this trip first."



Lilly hated being taken out of my arms.

The nurse told us what we already knew.  She is developmentally behind where she should be, but she is healthy considering the obstacles she has had to overcome.  My daughter is a fighter and she will work as hard as she can to make up those milestones.  She already has gained so much strength just this week.  Whether or not she is a star athlete or dancer, or top in her class, she will move mountains, because God has saved her life for a purpose!

On a lighter note... this is pretty cool.  It's a wine vending machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment