God has been gracious to us and has been with us through our journey of love and life. He has carried us through some of the most difficult times and has given us joy in the midst of sorrow. He has also been loving and given us abundant blessings. Most importantly, He has provided us with faith. May we share that faith with others.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame".
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Last Post From China


Psalm 68:6
God sets the lonely in families...

Isaiah 43:1
But now, this is what the Lord says— he who created you, he who formed you: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

    Psalm 46:10
    He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” 
    Exodus 9:16
    But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.

    We serve a great God!  He has blessed our journey to get Lilly.  He blessed us through the paperwork phase, through the referral, and through the trip to China.  There is no doubt in our minds that God orchestrated this whole process.  Only He is capable of putting all the pieces together in perfect timing.  He instilled the desire in our hearts to be adoptive parents, and equipped us with the skills needed to be Lilly's parents.  He watched over our Lilly from the time she was conceived, to the moment she was found on the bridge, and through her stay at the orphanage.  He put the right people in the orphanage to care for her until we could.  He blessed us with an amazing support system, that not only gave financially, but have been prayer warriors.  He blessed us with a family that will love Lilly unconditionally, will see her for the unique child of God that she is, and will cultivate her faith in Jesus.  

    Adoption is such a great example of Christ's love for us.  We are adopted sons and daughters of God.  He has called us by name, and we are His.  He has created us to be in relationships with each other, so we won't be lonely.  We may feel unloved and be disappointed by those we love, but God's love is constant.  He created us for a purpose.  My prayer is that we all remember this, and that we live our lives with purpose, because every life is precious.

    As I sit in this hotel room, listening to the steady breaths of a sleeping baby, I am in awe.  I wonder what life was like before knowing Lilly.  It seems like she has always been a part of our family.  I miss my Liam and his stories and songs, his big hugs, kissing his sweaty neck, and running my fingers through his hair.  I am so anxious to hold him.  I am thankful for my wonderful husband, who has the largest heart of anyone I know, who is my calm, and loves us.  I honestly don't know if I could have done any of this without him.  Seeing him love our children the way he does makes me fall even more in love with him.

    We have made some great memories here in China.  Maybe, at some point I'll share some of the fun stories from the trip.  For now, I should get some sleep, since we will be waking up very early to head home.  Please pray for safe travels home and that Lilly will handle all the traveling well.
    Goodnight from China!

No comments:

Post a Comment