God has been gracious to us and has been with us through our journey of love and life. He has carried us through some of the most difficult times and has given us joy in the midst of sorrow. He has also been loving and given us abundant blessings. Most importantly, He has provided us with faith. May we share that faith with others.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame".
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Monday, June 24, 2013

Reality Check

2 Thessalonians 1: 11-12
11 We constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith. 12 We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through him who gives me strength. 

Today, in the midst of temper tantrums, waiting rooms, and a therapy meeting, I asked myself, "Why did I think being a mother of two children, so close in age, was a good idea?"  I asked God if He was sure I was the right mom for the job.  I'll admit, I was having a little bit of a pity party.  I was thinking, "Why can't my son sit still and be quiet for more than one minute at a time?  Why can't my daughter let me go to the bathroom without crying?  Why does this have to be so much work and why did both children choose today to have meltdowns."  The morning started with a therapy meeting scheduled, then cancelled, then rescheduled.  That was followed by a failed nap-time and then a LONG wait at the doctor's office.  There was one temper tantrum after another.

Don't you just hate complaining?  I sure do!  After feeling sorry for myself, I took a breath, and told myself to stop fighting.  I felt like I was in a pit of resentment.  Like with quicksand, the more I tried to wriggle myself out, the more I got stuck.  So, it was time to give it up to God. The verses above came to mind.  It was time to thank God for the blessings of the day.



Dear God,
- Thank you God that I have an amazingly creative son, who is so imaginative, he has so much to say.  Thank you that he is healthy enough to show so much energy.
- Thank you that my daughter is so attached to me that I am her security and person of safety.  Thank you that she sees me as her mom.
- Thank you that at the therapy meeting we learned that our insurance will cover the co-pay.  Thank you that Lilly will get the help that she needs!
- Thank you for a husband that shoulders my burdens with me and who takes an active role in our marriage and with our children.
- Thank you that you listen to my doubts, and encourage me.  Thank you for allowing me to be a mom.  Please help me do it with GRACE. Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment